whatcha doin

ok so wow this needs updating. An i actually have stuff to update with that isn't just sketchbook puke. (if you have any interest in my sketchbook shiz it's all on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/23501549@N05/ ) also

yeah wow blurry...these shorts are my second skin this summer. LOL summer as if...so when the sun has been out i've been drawing the houses on my road

however i'm kinda bored of them now, i'm gunna draw a few more on my road an then move on the more interesting buildings around my village. My favourite is this totally overgrown house with a balcony where a senile old man lives and never leaves. An estate agent friend told me everything's all victorian an totally untouched inside but some rooms you can't get into because the man who lives there has just stuffed them full of newspapers. I'm going to have to photograph it as there's nowhere to sit to sketch it (unless i sit in the sheltered housings's garden opposite) an i'll put the photos of it up when i have them(aka when it stops raining)
Apart from avoiding the rain i've been working on this sewn portrait in memory of my nan who died recently. It's time consuming but i like how it's coming along. When i've finished and ironed it i'll post more pictures.
I really like how the eyes look at the minute .
In other news i'm kinda obsessed james jean (http://www.jamesjean.com/) coincidentally my friend Polina over on her blog (http://polinaff.blogspot.com/) has just made a post showing some of his work and i felt like posting some of my favourites.
He has these amazing creepy pictures
But it's his sketchbooks i'm in love with, can't wait for july when i'll be out and about more an have more stuff to look at and sketch.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts