“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina (Spring in Daikanyama)



Goodness Gracious Me I have so much to share with you and it's all backing up! Mount Fuji, shrines to spirits, amazing cake and beautiful art. Ahh! So here's a little serene post to begin with from a little trip to Daikanyama to visit the incredible art shop Aquvii. Finding places to get away from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo is rather important. 





This city can run you pretty ragged so stumbling upon Daikanyama, somewhere so close to the metropolis of Shibuya, that is so green and quiet, was a rather nice surprise. 






I actually made this trip to visit Aquvii. An amazing little art shop stocking jewellery, zines, original pieces and other odds and ends from artists and illustrators. There's one in Harajuku for Japanese artists only but the one in Daikanyama stocks international artists. I hope I can get some zines put together to get them stocked there. The other nice thing about Aquvii is that they exhibit work within their stores. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take pictures (other people were but I was a bit worried) so I just snapped a couple of photos of Fumihito Toba's work.
 







Comments

Popular Posts