Yohan Sacre


In the interests of keeping my New Years Resolution (one of them anyway) I give you the first of the artists of 2016 I would like to share with you. Today I am stuck in bed with a heavy head eating my way through as many orange and vitamin C enriched things as possible. So to cheer up this grim day I wanted to share with you an artist I've been holding onto for a couple of months. 


Yohan Sacre is a Belgian artist who takes his cues from a fantastic mismatch of "childhood experiences with animal instincts, feminine sensuality with death, the dreamlike alongside monsters and the nightmarish."




 This creates that wonderful creepy vibe that children seem to love (and sometimes don't seem to notice!) and that creates a whole other level to his illustrations. You end up creating the stories for his characters in your head before you've even bothered to look at the title of the piece, let alone find out if they have a role in a book. 



Keep up with Johan's creations on his website and his tumblr .



Comments

Popular Posts